Thursday, August 04, 2005

THE POWER OF THOUGHTS

I am sure you have heard many times about the power of thoughts. Recently however, it hit a little close to home. My 73-year-old mom had been saying for about the last year that she hoped she would die before my 76-year-old dad as she was really worried that she could not manage without him. They have been married 50 years this year. Over the last 6 months she had been saying this more and more, even praying for it. 3 weeks ago she had a stroke and if it was not for the quick thinking of my dad she might not be around.

Think we ought to really be careful what we focus our thoughts on?

Yesterday I was watching an episode of Fear Factor and one of the women on the show kept saying there was no way she could do this particular stunt. Think she did? No way!

What kinds of things do we say to ourselves everyday? Like “I’m broke” or “I can’t afford it” or “I’ve got a terrible memory” or how about “I’m just no good at managing money”?

Your self-talk is your self fulfilling prophecy. What do you say to yourself when no one is listening?

No comments: