Monday, August 01, 2005

WHAT’S ALL THIS TALK ABOUT MONEY?

Some people get really turned off when I talk about money. I’ll be honest with you, most of these people are dead broke. Maybe they don’t like me talking or writing about money because for them Money has always been a source of grief because they have not had enough of it.

Let’s face it folks, Money is Economic Oxygen and without it you are dying financially. With it you can look after your health better. You can go out for supper whenever you want and to whatever restaurant you want. What if you could take your wife or girlfriend to a movie every week? What if you could drive the vehicle of your dreams?
The wife of a good friend who is a millionaire recently said to me “the person who came up with the saying, Money can’t buy you happiness probably never went on a ten thousand dollar shopping spree.” She was joking but I thought she had a point. Like my friend who drives a BMW! Behind the wheel of that vehicle is when he truly happy. Or another friend who takes a huge meal down to the homeless shelter every month! I have never seen him happier when he is walking into that dining room and serving that meal.

Money makes the world go ‘round. And if you don’t think so prepare for a few more years of poverty. I hope for your sake you can change your thinking enough to understand what I have written here.

No comments: